CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

East Sandy Reunion

Maybe you thought life without Brian around was pretty dull for old Tammie.

Not so! Okay, not as exciting as what Brian is doing, but very fullfilling for me. How can it not be when one goes to a place called Possum Walk, Huntsville, TX.

My mom asked if I wanted to attend the East Sandy Cemetary Reunion located in her childhood woods and I jumped on it. I'd previously had a roadtrip with my daughter and now I'd be on a roadtrip with my mom. Priceless!

It was great to see cousins I hadn't seen in over 20 years, aunts and uncles that hadn't been seen for several years and went to all Momma's old stomping ground places. Where she and some siblings were born, where her daddy died, the route her school bus took (driven by her dad), where she went to school, the town square where she and her girlfriends turned heads and were whistled at. Meet up with a highschool girlfriend and reminicsed and heard many interesting stories.

Have voiced my desire to attend the next highschool reunion as mom's date. Good times!

Favorite BBQ

Road to the Old Homestead


5 of 8 siblings gathered

Latte With Larry (Daddy)



0 comments: