CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Group Shirts

I've a drawer of T-shirts, most of them group t-shirts, which are my favorite clothing items. Often Brian has suggested I go buy other shirts to wear. I decline as I fail to see the need to buy something when I've got something to wear and feel more comfortable in a t-shirt than anything else anyway.

Each time I pull on my t-shirts it's like opening a journal. Memories of people and events are associated with each one. They are reminders to help me remember to lift up the people who are being reached out to, the missionaries, the interns, the group members and all those who give so much to the efforts being done. Besides, my group shirts have opened up many coversations to share what it is that we do and why when people query about the statements, the designs or the places imprinted on them.
Yeah...I'll keep wearing my group shirts!


2 comments:

lisadeladunn said...

Oh yeah, Baby!! I get you. I can't give up my t-shirts. I just wore a 20 year old Manna T in Port drilling with Curt. New memories added to old now. Treasures in those T's. Keep at at my Tam: I hear you big time!!!

Much love!

oodrea1221 said...

I totally agree Tammie...I just need to lose some weight, so I can fit into mine again or go on another trip and get a new one! David has asked why I keep around so many "old" t-shirts and I just say "for the memories"...and at least I don't turn that question towards him! ;)