CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Little Brother Shane

Most know of the loss of Shane Ruiz while here in the Dominican Republic with a FHU Spring Break team while serving others. It's been very difficult to think beyond the moment, but as I looked through my photos of their first day, I saw Shane with a picture of one of our boys, Ariel, in the homes. What struck me about this photo is that Ariel is Shane's older brother's, Michael, sponsorchild. I'm so happy to have Michael's two little brother's in a picture together.

1 comments:

Ellyn said...

HI Brian and Tammie,

My name is Ellyn Sergio, I am a good friend of the Bynums from Fairfax. I am also chaperoning the teen trip with Mark and Cassey and Matt this summer. My daughter Chelsea has come now for 2 years and would move there in a minute if I let her!

I just wanted you to know how very sorry I am about Shane's death. I can only imagine the grief and heartache you all and his family are going through. I have tried to stay in touch with Lisa as much as I can to be a support to her.

Please know that the Sergio family continues to pray for all of you! If there is anything we, stateside, can do; let us know.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!